With all of the chaos going on in our lives lately, many normal things like baby showers have been canceled or put on hold. That's why I was so excited and grateful this past week when my sweet friends managed to pull together a last-minute baby shower here in Atlanta!! We ended up having a hybrid book-club-meeting-slash-baby-shower which was great and super laid-back. Although a number of folks were helpful in putting this together, special thanks go to Erin Snell (pictured on the left) who was a key "instigator" and made sure some of my favorite things (cupcakes and jelly beans) were present. Luckily my Mom (a.k.a. "Bubby") was in town to help celebrate and coo over the cute baby clothes and toys.I don't mean to get too cheesy or sentimental but it is hard to express how thankful and supported I felt as a result of this baby celebration. There have been many times in the past few months when Scott and I have bounced back and forth over the line that separates excitement and anticipation from fear and worry. Sometimes thinking about celebrating and preparing has been a bit scary. I wasn't sure exactly how I (and my hormones) would react to a baby shower... and it turned out great. I couldn't express my thanks in too many words at the shower or I would have definitely needed tissues... but that's what blogs are for right? So... everybody who was present in body or spirit last week- I THANK YOU and so does baby McVeigh. We are now much more prepared for baby's arrival :)
In other news, the baby is growing like a weed (over 5 and a half pounds already!! still 4 weeks to go!) and my belly is expanding at record speed thanks to 5 Guys cheeseburgers, ice cream, and chocolate milk. We've also been working hard on getting baby's room ready- hanging pictures, washing cute itsy-bitsy clothes, etc. I'm not very good at folding adult-sized clothing and the pint-sized stuff is even harder! Here (above left) is a pic of some of the art I made for the wall (very Martha Stewart no?). More pictures of her room coming this week- promise. Only one more week to go before I leave for SF and the To-Do list seems to be growing rather than shrinking... but hopefully that will change soon.
That's all for now folks.
Cheers,
Adie
How lovely! I love your pictures that you created! I just came back from San Fran. The Ferry Building is a must-see. It is basically a super-farmer's-market. Handmade chocolates, handmade soaps, etc, etc, etc, Very fun.
ReplyDeleteLove the blog
Cheers,
The Baxters
The birds are SO cute, AD! I'm so impressed - serioulsy! That's wonderful that you had a little shower, too. Baby girl things are the best. :-)
ReplyDeleteAdie I'd only wish I'd known. I would love to see you but I know I won't before Sunday. All the best to you and Scott and Baby McVeigh. Enjoy your time in San Fran - I'd advise staying OFF Alcatraz until baby arrives...not the place you'd want to start going into labor! :-) xoxo Ann
ReplyDelete