Monday, April 12, 2010

Join Team Baby McVeigh!

Welcome to our new blog. We wanted to create a place where friends and family can go to get updates on our baby girl in the coming weeks and months. We will try to keep it current so you don't feel out of the loop. Just a warning though- I'm new to this blog stuff so I can't make any promises!! Other than calling immediate family, this is the best place to find updates. Thank you for all of the support, prayers, and positive energy we have received and continue to get. It helps.

As many of you know, our baby is facing a few extra challenges after being diagnosed with a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). Scott and I will be relocating temporarily to San Francisco, CA in order to deliver the baby and have her surgery. Why so far away from home? I'm sure anyone reading this who is a parent will understand. We want to give our baby the best support and resources we can and UCSF is the place to be... so California here we come!

Here is the link to read more about CDH and the hospital where we will be: http://fetus.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/cdh/

Scott and I are very excited about baby's arrival in a few weeks and we continue to be hopeful that she will make it through whatever challenges arise. Please join us and root for TEAM BABY MCVEIGH!!!!

21 comments:

  1. Best wishes AD and Scott for this next step in the adventure of parenthood. We look forward to checking in for updates and will keep the three of you in our prayers.
    XO
    Sara F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad to be able to follow you guys on the new blog and be an official Team Baby McVeigh cheerleader. Maybe some baby bump pictures would spruce it up a bit! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - you did it, AD!! I'm on Team Baby McVeigh all the way!
    Thinking of you and sending you love and energy everyday.

    xoxErin H

    P.S. Did I almost just write a poem?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for keeping us all posted - we're all saying extra prayers for you! I'm sure relocating won't be easy, but being a parent, I understand- you do whatever you can for your baby (Isn't it amazing how much you can love this little person before you even meet them?)

    We'll be following along with your progress (nice job on the blog, by the way!)
    -The Carbery's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Thanks for keeping us posted. I have wanted to call so many times, but understand that you are overwhelmed right now with the calls. We are totally on the team and will be following the blog closely.

    Good luck in San Fran and safe travels.

    Love You, Love the blog.

    Lisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Adrianne-
    So glad to receive an update. I have been thinking about you and baby girl a lot lately. Please know that you and Scott and Baby Girl are in our prayers.
    Katie and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea! Much love, Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course we will join Team Baby McVeigh! We will keep thinking positive thoughts and send lots of love to all three of you. Best of luck in San Fran!
    Love,
    Kelly, Greg, Riley and Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sending my thoughts and prayers your way. Go Baby McVeigh! Hang in there, and know you are surrounded by friends even though you are in California.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love all 3 of you! Love, support, positive energy, and prayers EVERY day.
    Jason, Jen and family

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go Team Baby McVeigh!!!!! Lots of love to the three of you.
    Love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love you Team Baby McVeigh! Will have you all in our thoughts and prayers as you travel to San Francisco.
    Love,
    Aunt Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for keeping all of us posted. You and Scott and Baby McVeigh are definitely in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if you need anything even if it feels strange to ask. Based on the comments I'm reading, nothing is too big or small for Team Baby McVeigh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AD and Scott,
    Thinking and praying for you. I definitely want to join Baby McVeigh! I didn't realize what you all had been going through...I can't think of a couple more well-equipped and optimistic to deal with the challenges ahead. I trust that your baby girl is going to have the resilience to deal with this, and I'm sure she will be amazing, as you both are.
    Georgeann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Scott and AD,
    This is a great idea. I will be sewing your drapes on 4/24 and you can bet that every stitch will be made with love and thinking of Baby McVeigh! We're thinking of you all daily and send our love, Pat and Larry

    ReplyDelete
  16. what Bubby and Grumpa Ingram said......AD and Scott personify strength, determination, independence AND stubborness..... qualities that give baby McVeigh a good start.....Cheers and Love to Team McVeigh

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi AD and Scott and Baby McVeigh! We are rooting for you all and thinking about you everyday. We would be happy to stop by your house to pick up mail and check on things while you are in San Francisco!

    xoxo, Dana and Allen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Scott, Adie, and Baby Girl McVeigh,
    Count me in to be part of Team Baby McVeigh! I love you guys and can't wait to meet Baby Girl McVeigh.
    Lots of love and prayers,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love love love love love sent from Toronto! She will be welcomed with so much love and cheering...I'm happy about this blog. It's great! :)

    xoxo Katie

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Hauser boys and I are on your team - we wish you all the love and best wishes in the world...Good luck and call ANYTIME for ANYTHING. Thinking about you all
    Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. We miss you in Atlanta and are so glad you have a due date and that baby McVeigh is growing nicely! Lots of love your way.

    Kel and Kate

    ReplyDelete