Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Here's the plan...

So this blogging thing seems to be a hit! I am afraid i may have created a monster though. Only 24 hours after creating the blog I was already getting requests from certain family members (you know who you are!) for more posts. I suppose while I have the time and the energy I will indulge you ;) Oh, and FYI if you don't feel like checking back here repeatedly for new posts, I think if you "follow" the blog it will tell you when there's a new post. I'm learning fast!

The countdown to California has begun. I will be leaving May 1st (about 16 days to go) because they don't like "preggy ladies" to fly after 35 weeks and I would prefer not to deliver at 35,000 feet. Then the real waiting game begins while I hang out in San Francisco, go to doctors' appointments a few times a week, eat lots of ice cream, and complain about how my back aches. They are planning to induce me the week of May 24th (between 38-39 weeks) but they will probably pick an exact date once I get to SF. Scott will be joining me a week or so before the baby arrives so he can work a few more weeks, spend some quality time with Toby, and save his vacation/sick days for hanging out in the NICU.... at least that's the logic he's sticking with. I'm slightly suspicious that he just doesn't want to put up with a grumbly, tired, and uncomfortable pregnant wife who will likely order him around (in a nice way!) if he's in the vicinity.

Once in CA, I will be staying with our good friends Mike and Tanya (and Camden and Maya) for the first little while and we are so grateful for their support and their willingness to put me up and put up with me! After baby arrives we will likely be staying at the "Family House" (which is sort of like Ronald McDonald house) near the hospital. Having volunteered at the RMH over the past year, I never knew we would be making use of such a facility ourselves and I am very thankful. There's nothing like being on the receiving end to remind you how worthy a cause is.

So..we are spending the next 2 weeks packing and preparing to be away while also getting baby's room ready with all of the essentials for when we celebrate her arrival in Atlanta. I promise to post pics of the baby's room soon (which is looking super cute!!) as well as belly bump pics due to popular demand.

xo
Adie

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan Adie! I wanted to let you know about a great company called 'Majamas' - they have the most comfortable pre and post pregnancy clothes (and pj's!). I recommend them highly - especially some comfy pj's for the long NICU days and nights...Just a [possibly unwelcome] mamma tip! What is your address in Atlanta too - email me!
    xx Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have arrangements in SF when you first arrive! That's wonderful. :) Did Scott swat you for what you wrote about him here? ;)
    Yes do keep us informed on the decorating you are doing!
    xo Katie

    ReplyDelete